Thursday 11 July 2013

Living with IPAH - Part Two



Warning- this input has one questionable word that no parent wants their 8 year old saying. Please proceed carefully (not that this blog series hasn’t had any language in it already, huh?)

 

From Julian’s point of view:

 

Wasup everybody. And welcome to MY point of view. The point of view that comes from the completely reliable 12 year old who never has anything dishonest to say…or at least not all the time.

 

Now, I have a rare heart/lung condition called Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.

This entry is not of me saying (imagine these with a posh and British sort of accent) “Oh, look at me, I have a rare heart condition and the world should give everything I want… and if not I’ll throw a tantrum” NO. That’s just awful, don’t you think?

 

A question I get asked a lot is: “What’s it like to have your heart condition?” well, here’s the answer. IT SUCKS!!! Symptoms that I get are anything anyone else would not hope for. I get fatigue, hyperventilation, shortage of breath, and a whole lot more that I just cannot memorise. So, once again… MY CONDITION SUCKS.

 

The one thing that is the most irritating about my condition is the disabled car park. If you’ve read “You don’t look sick”, post #9 you’ll know. I just hate sitting or standing next to one of my parents argue over a stupid medical condition to some bozo who’s just slipped into a bloody car park just as our responsible father or mother has just been about to do the same.

 

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

 

Anyway, now I’ve gotten that out of me...

 

I also have lots of food restrictions, like I can’t eat cranberries, grapefruit, or too many greens. And that fact just blows me away. Greens? Too many leafy greens? Come on!!!

One leafy green I can’t have too much of: Spinach. And that’s my favorite vegetable!!!

DOUBLE COME ON!!!!!!  

 

Anyway, I think that’s just about covered everything about being ME. From MY point of view. So, thanks for reading and I might be seeing you soon.

 

 

Blog Post by:

Julian Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment